1.Detailed interior and exterior
2.Free rolling wheels
Diecast Scale Model Car
Die-cast plastic & metal
Approx Dimension in Cms(L x B x H)
Approx Weight of the product (g)
The Maserati 200S were twenty-eight race cars manufactured by Maserati of Italy, to take over from the former Maserati A6 GCS race variants.
The development of Tipo 52 began in 1952, led by Giulio Alfieri. The car had a 1994.3 cc inline four-cylinder light-duty engine, double OHV per cylinder and DOHC camshafts, double Weber 50DCO3 (first vehicles only) or 45DCO3 carburetors. It produces 190 hp (140 kW, 187 hp) at 7500 rpm. Many of the chassis components were identical to the Maserati 150S, with the exception of the rigid rear axle inherited from the Maserati A6.
Maserati manufactured the first three chassis internally, but outsourced a tubular chassis to Gilco. The first five aluminum bodies were, as for the Maserati 150S, by Celestino Fiandri, and the final 23 by Medardo Fantuzzi.
No success was seen in his first year of 1955, first by Franco Bordoni at the 1955 San Marino Grand Prix, followed by Giovanni Bracco and Bordoni at the 1955 Targa Florio. Driver Benoît Nicolas Musy died in a 200S at the Autodrome de Montlhéry, France (1956). In 1957, the name was changed to Maserati 200SI, Sport Internazionale, to signify its compliance with the international rules of racing sports cars. In 1958, the engine was made larger (2.5 liters) and the car was named 250S. The car scored a resounding victory with Stirling Moss at the wheel during the 1956 Trofeo Supercortemaggiore. He beat four Ferrari 500TRs and described the car as "very fast on winding circuits" and "very well managed".